Compare Motorhomes in Los Angeles - You Could Save $100s

Popular US Destinations

  • RV rental in Reno
  • RV rental in Salt Lake City
  • RV rental in San Bernardino
  • RV rental in San Diego
  • RV rental in San Francisco
  • RV rental in Santa Cruz
  • RV rental in Seattle

Frequently Asked Questions

We compare multiple RV rental providers. The below answers are a general guide – however, each company has it’s own terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. Please make sure to check the T&Cs of your rental vehicle.

What is the minimum driver’s age to rent an RV in the US?

Most RV rental companies in the States require drivers to be at least 21 years old. Some companies (e.g. Britz, Road Bear) require a minimum age of 25. Enter the driver’s age into our search tool and we will filter the available RVs to match.

Do I need a special driver’s license to drive a campervan in the USA?

Most motorhomes and campervans can be driven with a standard, full driver’s license. If your license is not in English, an International Driver’s Permit or translation is generally required. All drivers will need to present and present a valid driver’s license on pick-up.

Where can I camp overnight in the USA?

We recommend you stay in marked campgrounds and RV parks. There are many caravan parks and national parks where you can camp in an RV throughout the US, although in busy periods it’s worth making advance reservations.

Roadside camping near cities and towns is not permitted. Camping in public areas out in the country is generally allowed, however, you must obey any “No Camping” signs.

Are one-way rentals available?

Yes, one-way RV rentals are quite popular. Select your start and end destinations in our search tool to compare available campers on your route.

Can we include an additional driver? Is there a surcharge?

Most companies allow for additional drivers to be nominated for a fee. All drivers must be present at pickup time and provide a valid driver’s license.

Can I travel to Canada in my RV?

Yes, most RV rental companies allow entering Canada, however, check the T&Cs of the supplier you are considering. Currently, no companies are offering one-way rentals starting in the US and ending in Canada.

Can I travel to Mexico in my rented RV?

Most companies do not allow travelling to Mexico in the rental RV. An exception to this is El Monte RV – however, conditions apply (including the purchase of additional insurance).

Where can I drive my rental RV? Are there areas restricted for driving?

Most companies only allow their RVs to be driven on sealed/bitumen roads. Travelling to Mexico and the Death Valley during summer is usually forbidden.

Some companies, such as Britz, Cruise America, and Road Bear RV, also forbid their campers entering Inner Cities of large cities, such as New York. Temporary restrictions may also apply due to weather conditions. Other travel restrictions may apply – check the T&Cs of the vehicle.

US Attractions

Top of page image - based on original by Larry W. Lo